Sunday, June 8, 2014

Cycling to Paris

This is the first post in my blog. I will start with a post on my first 50 mile bike ride of the year(did the previous day on 06/07/14). I started at around 630 am today morning. Normally I cycle in Washington and Old Dominion Rail Road Trail and today I decided to cycle  from my house to Paris (not the one in France but in Virginia). Along the way I saw a number of different sights including a Buddhist temple at the 6 mile marker.

A few miles later I passed by the historic town of Aldie At the 15 mile marker near the town of Middleburg, I paused and took a photograph of a civil war site. Along the ride you could see a couple of houses with the confederate flag.
Several years later, as I was getting closer to my initial destination Upperville, there was a lot of traffic on account of the Upperville Colt and Horse show. 
Finally I reached Upperville at the 21 mile mark.
Only a couple of weeks earlier, I happened to drop one of our close friends at the Upperville church shown below; they were attending a marriage that featured someone related to the great, great grand daughter of General Washington.
At this points, the rolling hills of the Piedmont were in full flow.
I then proceeded to return back and pretty much took the same route. I was a bit peeved off when I reached the house and opened the "Mapmyride" app. I had cycled 49.80 miles. So I cycled around the block near my house to cross the 50 mile mark. This ride was slow and I got delayed further due to a fall near Middleburg. Never the less I was satisfied with the workout given that I had not done any cycling all of the week due to travel.


No comments:

Post a Comment